Friday, September 4, 2009

Sabudaana wada/pancakes

This is one of my favourite evening snacks ... goes great with a cup of steaming hot coffee, is super easy to make and hopefully is also healthy. I generally deep fry it (yep - not healthy, but quicker and tastier), but you can also grill it on a hot pan with a drizzle of oil.
Its extremely simple to make - just remember to soak some sabu daana (also called as pearl tapioca) in water for 30 minutes. Boil some potatoes and cool. Then press out all the water that you can manually manage from the pearls, and mix it with mashed potatoes. Also mix finely chopped green chillies, roasted split groundnuts, and salt to taste. Shape into wada/pancakes of your chioce thickness, and either deep fry or grill to get yummy sabu daana wadas:) Enjoythese with tomato ketchup and mint chutney - have these while still piping hot.

2 comments:

Life's joys said...

you should try samudaana Khichari ... that's my fav and it's so easy to make. one of the dishes i learnt from Anima :)

whoisneha said...

Thanks:) I think we know ech other from school..but I cannot access your blog. Help me plz