Thursday, September 3, 2009

Crunchy Prawns

Hmm..dont judge me by the lack of blog posts here. I enjoy trying out new dishes in the kitchen, and so does Ashrut. So while nearly everyday, we try to make something special, or add a something special to an ordinary mundane dish like khichdi - I hardly remember to take pics and post them in this blog.
This dish that I am posting here was prepared some time back after our Vengurla-Goa bike trip in Jan 09. Its inspired by the yummy rawa jumbo prawns which we ate in Vengurla.

The prawns were soo good..crunchy and full of flavour!
How to do it:
I marinated the deveined jumbo prawns in marinade of garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, and pepper powder. For about an hour perhaps. Then dipped each in white-egg batter, followed by rawa/suji. Dust off the excess rawa, and deep fry till golden Drain excess oil and serve with chutney and salad - quick and tasty appetiser.

No comments: