Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fish Masala Fry

I am a fish lover. But not my hubby:( So it is quite an occasion when I eat fish - either outside in some restautant, or at home. Yesterday - Hubbs insisted that I buy some fish, and make it for myself:) So off I went to a new fish store, to buy some. Though I am personally fond of fresh water fish, they were out of stock, so I instead got a full 'Rawas' or some type of salmon.

Rawas is quite a popular fish here in India - especially with hotel chefs and in South Indian homes. I know that Hubbs likes crispy fried fish more than any other preparation - so I made these masala rawas fry yesterday. They turned out divine! Hubby liked it a lot..and took second helping:) The pictures have not turned out too well..they were taken in a hurry just before we started on them:) Do try this recipe - I am sure any fish will go well with this recipe.

Recipe: Clean and pat dry the fish pieces. Marinate in giner-garlic -green chillies - fresh coriander-lime juice/vinegar juice paste, along with salt. Ensure that the marinade is thick and completely coats the fish pieces. These spices will give the taste to the fishy. Try to keep it in the marinade for atleast 30 minutes. Next prepare a not-too-thick batter of egg, salt, pepper and corn flour, and keep aside 1/2 cup of semolina. Dip all the fish pieces in the batter, and then coat in semolina, and keep aside for 5-10 minutes. Next deep fry the fishy - it does not take long to cook - give or take 2-3 minutes per side.

No comments: