Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Spagetti Carbonara

Though its been a while since I last posted any recipe on my blog, and though since joining my new job in September, I hardly get much time to experiment in the kitchen, I did manage to put together a few good and new dishes on Sundays.

Let me describe the spagetti carbonara which I recently made - though I did not click any photographs that day, I am sure to make this dish again and will definitely click some pics then:) I found this simple recipe in a fitness column in our newspaper, which mentioned that the eggs and cheese combination is good to add calories to one's diet and beef up. Since I seem to have lost some weight recently, I quickly set about to put this simple dish together. Its a very basic vegetarian carbonara spagetti recipe, you can make a lot of variations with this.

1. I first boiled the spagetti al dente and after rinsing in cold water, moistened it with olive oil and kept aside
2. Then I sauted some diced aubergine (the big purple eggplants), green zuchchini, and onions in olive oil. Add some salt and pepper to these veggies and check if cooked.
3. Once cooked, I tossed in the spagetti and along with it, 2-3 egg whiles beaten along with grated parmesan cheese.
4. Toss to coat the spagetti with the egg and cheese mixture. Serve hot.

I know the recipe does not sound like much fun, but believe me - the taste was very good - light and non-spicy. If I might also add, very authentic:)

No comments: