Monday, September 22, 2008

Apologies for my inactivity

I am aware that I had promised to be more active on my blog..a promise which I broke within a month's time..but then I know many of you would commiserate with me that it is more fun to read other peoples blogs than to make the effort of writing one oneself:)

But, worry not - I will try to make amends. Last few weeks did not provide me with much online time, what with many relatives over, both of us traveling, planning and arranging long-pending dinners and lunches...yes! I did cook quite a bit in the last 6 weeks. When Annu was here for a fortnight, we also baked many a cakes - I have taken pics of most of these ...will write a post on each as soon as I convince myself to download all the pics from the camera:)

I was visiting my folks recently after they came back from NYC, and they were sweet enough to carry a few baking stuff that I had ordered..a 9" Wilton pie dish, a springform pan and a muffin pan:) I am yet to come across any store here at Pune which has good baking accessories, and since I am right now in a 'baking frenzy', I simply asked my mom to pick these up for me in NYC. I am yet to use these - but I am really excited about making a pie/tart/quiche in my new dish. In his last visit, Annu was really keen on baking a quiche - but we had been limited by the lack of a pie dish. But, Annu - worry not! When you are here next, we will make n number of quiches and tarts as you desire:)

My next few posts will describe the varios cakes I had baked in the last 6 weeks.

No comments: